Conversation Starters At Networking Events
Conferences and startup events are an excellent place to meet new people. One of the key strategies required by every entrepreneur to succeed is to learn the subtle art of networking. While this may come as an easy task for a lot of people, it is quite a daunting task for the others. Here are a few conversation starters that could help increase your network and make life easier.
1. Do you have any predictions for how the discussion will go? (Or if the event is wrapping up: “Did the discussion meet your expectations?”)
2. Have you been to events like this before? If you have, which ones would you recommend?
3. If you could spend an entire day talking to one of your favourite entrepreneurs in the tech world, who would it be?
4. If you had the opportunity to work on your pet project, what would you pick as your project?
5. What is the most interesting thing you read about the startup world?
6. Have you been following any podcasts? Which ones do you like the most?
7. What is the best event freebie you have ever gotten?
8. Would you rather work four 10 hour days, five 8 hour days or six 5 hour days?
9. If you could spend one month with your favourite entrepreneur, who would you pick?
10. If you could only [read, watch, listen to] one genre of [books, shows, music] for the rest of your life, which would it be?
11. Who do you think is the most underrated person in the tech world at the moment?
12. With all the phones being used here, the technology addiction is very real! Do you think your colleagues would have survived if your CEO banned the use of phones during work?
13. If you could only attend one type of networking function for the rest of your life, would you choose breakfasts or happy hours?
14. If you had to sum up this event in three words, what would it be?
15, The mother of all questions: What do you love the most about your job?
Networking events are not helpful if not used properly. The above conversation starters are a great way to put your best foot forward and make the most of the opportunity at hand!
The post Conversation Starters At Networking Events appeared first on Startup Stories | Startup Stories India | Inspiration Stories | 2018 Best Motivational Stories.